Olabaju Brooks is an artist full of energy. Ola commits to her talent by adding a personal expression to every project. She takes the objectives and goes beyond the base to add her voice to each work. As proof of her gift, she keeps an on-going sketchbook that displays varying styles from realism to graffiti. These efforts earn Ola the title of Artist of the Month for April.
1. Committed: We believe that students deserve to be educated in a way that prepares them for college if they so choose to attend. We also believe that we the school, have the power to make this opportunity a reality.
2. Courageous: To display courage is to show strength in the face of fear. We do this by ignoring those who try to tell us that our dreams for our students are unrealistic and impossible. We ask for forgiveness instead of permission. We hold one another accountable and we come together as a critical mass to confront the status-quo.
3. Collaborative: Our collaborative spirit is grounded on the idea that we each have unique strengths as well as different weaknesses. We make the time to work with one another in a way that maximizes accountability while minimizing anxiety. This helps us to achieve greater success for our students as a team, while at the same time promoting balance in our lives as individuals.
4. Creative: We are innovative and love to explore new ways to get results for our students. Experimentation is not a suggestion, but rather an expectation of an No Excuses University Pro. When we find success through our creativity, we celebrate as a staff and seek ways to replicate the results elsewhere.
5. Character Centered: Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching… this goes double for adults. We are consistent with our rules and methods for teaching behavior as we take responsibility for all students.
6. College and Career Crazy: College readiness is a tie that binds us as students, parents, and staff. Because of this we reveal the benefits of a college degree to all students in practical and achievable ways that offer hope for a better future. Our network exists to shatter the myths that a student has to be rich or privileged to go to college.
· THE NIGHT RALLY IS CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER INCONVENIENCES. IT WILL BE MOVED TO NEXT SCHOOL YEAR.
· GRAD NITE TICKETS ARE ON SALE EVERY WEDNESDAY AT LUNCH OUTSIDE THE LIBRARY. APRIL’S PRICE IS $135. LOCK THIS PRICE IN NOW WITH A $25 DEPOSIT. STARTING IN MAY, FULL PRICE PAYMENTS ONLY, NO DEPOSITS. MAY’S PRICE WILL BE $140.
· ATTENTION JUNIORS! THERE IS ONE LAST SAT TEST SCHEDULED FOR THIS SCHOOLYEAR. THE TEST WILL BE ON SATURDAY, JUNE 7TH AT ARMIJO HIGH SCHOOL. REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MAY 7TH. SEE MS. JANAE IN THE COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER FOR A STUDY GUIDE AND ADDITIONAL INFO.
· SUPPORT YOUR FHS SOFTBALL TEAM AND PURCHASE TICKETS TO THE A’S vs. NATIONALS ON MAY 11TH (MOTHER’S DAY) AT 1:05 PM. TICKETS ARE $25 PER SEAT AND ARE LOCATED IN SECTION 106 ON THE FIRST BASE SIDE. COME GET A FLYER IN THE SMO OR SEE ANY SOFTBALL PLAYER.
· BE A PART OF 36 YEARS OF FHS HISTORY AND JOIN IN ON “ALMOST ANYTHING GOES” (OR AAG). STOP BY THE SA OFFICE TO PICK UP A TEAM PACKET. APPLICATIONS AND THE $42 FEE IS DUE ON APRIL 25TH. PLEASE CONSIDER PARTICIPATING IN THIS 2-DAY FUN AND EXCITING EVENT!
· YEARBOOKS ARE ON SALE IN THE SA OFFICE FOR $70 UNTIL THEY ARE SOLD OUT. THERE IS A LIMITED QUANTITY LEFT. SEE MS. TURNER IN THE SA OFFICE OR MR. CLEMENSEN IN D-9 FOR MORE INFO.
· LEADERSHIP IS HOSTING A TEXAS ROADHOUSE FUNDRAISER. PLEASE PURCHASE A TICKET FROM ANY LEADERSHIP STUDENT FOR $12. MEALS WILL BE PICKED UP IN THE STUDENT PARKING LOT TODAY FROM 5-6:30.
· SENIORS: GRADUATION LEI’S ARE ON SALE AT THE SA OFFICE UNTIL MAY 22ND AND THERE IS A LINK ON THE FHS WEBSITE TO PLACE AN ORDER ONLINE UNTIL JUNE 1ST. COST RANGES FROM $20-$35.
· DISTRICT STUDENT BOARD MEMBER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE. TAKE A CHANCE TO BE THE STUDENT VOICE FOR OVER 22,000 STUDENTS. APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN G-12 WITH MRS. QUIJAS. THEY ARE DUE BY MAY 2ND.
· LEADERSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR ARE AVAILABLE IN C-2 BEFORE SCHOOL OR IN THE SA OFFICE. THEY ARE DUE THIS FRIDAY, 4/25.
HAVE A GREAT DAY, BE SAFE, GET INSPIRED, AND OFFER NO EXCUSES!