In Art1 Master Apai Broytubtim demonstrated artistic skills superior and equal to his advanced art peers. His work displays excellence in technical skill and quality. He is most definitely deserving of March’s Artist of the Month!
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Scholastic Book Fair
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Free bookmarks and prizes in the library
7:00 AM - 8:00 PM Scholastic Book Fair
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM Family/friends night in the library
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Grad Nite Meeting
7:00 AM - 5:00 PM Scholastic Book Fair
1. Committed: We believe that students deserve to be educated in a way that prepares them for college if they so choose to attend. We also believe that we the school, have the power to make this opportunity a reality.
2. Courageous: To display courage is to show strength in the face of fear. We do this by ignoring those who try to tell us that our dreams for our students are unrealistic and impossible. We ask for forgiveness instead of permission. We hold one another accountable and we come together as a critical mass to confront the status-quo.
3. Collaborative: Our collaborative spirit is grounded on the idea that we each have unique strengths as well as different weaknesses. We make the time to work with one another in a way that maximizes accountability while minimizing anxiety. This helps us to achieve greater success for our students as a team, while at the same time promoting balance in our lives as individuals.
4. Creative: We are innovative and love to explore new ways to get results for our students. Experimentation is not a suggestion, but rather an expectation of an No Excuses University Pro. When we find success through our creativity, we celebrate as a staff and seek ways to replicate the results elsewhere.
5. Character Centered: Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching… this goes double for adults. We are consistent with our rules and methods for teaching behavior as we take responsibility for all students.
6. College and Career Crazy: College readiness is a tie that binds us as students, parents, and staff. Because of this we reveal the benefits of a college degree to all students in practical and achievable ways that offer hope for a better future. Our network exists to shatter the myths that a student has to be rich or privileged to go to college.
· SENIORS….THE FHS STAFF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE SMO. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT THEM IS MARCH 31ST. DON’T MISS OUT ON FREE MONEY FOR COLLEGE OR TRADE SCHOOL!
· SOLANO COMMUNITY COLLEGE ASSESSMENT TESTING WILL BE MARCH 13TH AND APRIL 4TH DURING 5TH AND 6TH PERIOD. PLEASE SIGN UP IN THE COUNSELING OFFICE (F-18) ASAP! THANKS.
· HEY SENIORS! IT’S TIME TO SIGN UP FOR THE SENIOR TRIP TO GREAT AMERICA. TICKETS ARE ON SALE RIGHT NOW AT THE SA OFFICE. GET THEM QUICK BEFORE THE PRICE GOES UP. THE FIRST 40 TICKETS ARE $100, THE NEXT 40 TICKETS ARE $110. AFTER THAT ALL TICKETS WILL BE FULL PRICE AT $130. YOUR TICKETS INCLUDE AN ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT DINNER AND FREE SOFT DRINKS ALL DAY LONG. PICK UP A PERMISSION SLIP AT THE SA OFFICE OR FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT/ECON TEACHER.
· HEY LADIES! DO YOU LIKE TO SING, DANCE, RECITE POETRY OR PLAY A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT? MRS. WILLIAMS WANTS YOU TO PERFORM IN AN ALL FEMALE TALENT SHOW FROM 6-8 PM ON MARCH 11TH IN THE LIBRARY. SEE MRS. WILLIAMS IN THE LIBRARY FOR MORE INFO.
· THE CLASS OF 2016 IS HOSTING A DINE AND DONATE AT PANDA EXPRESS ON NORTH TEXAS STREET MARCH 18TH.
· THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR IS OPEN IN THE LIBRARY FROM 7 AM TO 7 PM DAILY. COME CHECK OUT THE GREAT SELECTION OF BOOKS.
· ASB IS RUNNING A CLOTHING DRIVE FROM MARCH 10-14TH. DROP OFF LOCATIONS ARE BEFORE SCHOOL IN C-2, ALL DAY IN G-12 AND THE FRONT OFFICE.
· THE SENIOR PANORAMIC PICTURE WILL BE TAKEN TUESDAY, MARCH 11TH AT THE BEGINNING OF ADVISORY IN THE STADIUM. ALL SENIORS WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE SHOULD GO TO THE STADIUM IMMEDIATELY AT THE BEGINNING OF THE PERIOD. PHOTOS WILL BE ON SALE SHORTLY AFTER THE PHOTO IS TAKEN.
· THE CLASS OF 2017 IS STILL SELLING GUMMY BEARS, CHEETOS, AND CHEX MIX FOR ONLY $1! SUPPORT YOUR FALCONS!
HAVE A GREAT DAY, BE SAFE, GET INSPIRED, AND OFFER NO EXCUSES!!!
Freshmen: Almalina Gomes
Sophomore: Thongsouk Bounkio
Junior: Michael Rose
Senior: Erik Gow
MALE: Sean Gray
FEMALE: Alejandra Sanchez-
2D: Apai Master Broytubtim
3D: Martin Cuevas
Most Dramatic: Sarah Roy-Davila
ROTC: Hannah Cleary
Musician: Daniel Smith
Chef: Layona Henderson
Outstanding Leader: Kristin Hsu
AVID: Laura Becerril
Fashion Star: Brittany Western