1. Committed: We believe that students deserve to be educated in a way that prepares them for college if they so choose to attend. We also believe that we the school, have the power to make this opportunity a reality.
2. Courageous: To display courage is to show strength in the face of fear. We do this by ignoring those who try to tell us that our dreams for our students are unrealistic and impossible. We ask for forgiveness instead of permission. We hold one another accountable and we come together as a critical mass to confront the status-quo.
3. Collaborative: Our collaborative spirit is grounded on the idea that we each have unique strengths as well as different weaknesses. We make the time to work with one another in a way that maximizes accountability while minimizing anxiety. This helps us to achieve greater success for our students as a team, while at the same time promoting balance in our lives as individuals.
4. Creative: We are innovative and love to explore new ways to get results for our students. Experimentation is not a suggestion, but rather an expectation of an No Excuses University Pro. When we find success through our creativity, we celebrate as a staff and seek ways to replicate the results elsewhere.
5. Character Centered: Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching… this goes double for adults. We are consistent with our rules and methods for teaching behavior as we take responsibility for all students.
6. College and Career Crazy: College readiness is a tie that binds us as students, parents, and staff. Because of this we reveal the benefits of a college degree to all students in practical and achievable ways that offer hope for a better future. Our network exists to shatter the myths that a student has to be rich or privileged to go to college.
· NEXT WEEK IS SPIRIT WEEK COMPLIMENTS OF LEADERSHIP AND OUR FIRST DANCE OF THE YEAR!!!
MONDAY: SANTA HAT DAY
TUESDAY: UGLY SWEATER DAY
WEDNESDAY: RED/GREEN DAY
THURSDAY: WINTER WONDERLAND DAY
FRIDAY: MISTLETOE DAY……AND THE SADIE HAWKINS DANCE FROM 7:00-10:00. DON’T FORGET TO BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW AT THE SA OFFICE FOR $10. TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!!!
· ALL 10TH GRADERS AND THOSE UPPER CLASSMEN WHO HAVE NOT YET PASSED THE CAHSEE: YOU CAN GET CAHSEE TUTORING NOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TEST IN FEBRUARY. SEE MRS. WILLIAMS IN THE LIBRARY FOR MORE INFORMATION!
· FHS BASEBALL PRE-SEASON CONDITIONING WILL BE EVERY TUESDAY, THURSDAY, AND FRIDAY FROM 3:30-5:30. PLEASE MEET AT THE STADIUM SNACK BAR AREA.
· CAN YOU IMAGINE NOT HAVING A COAT THIS MORNING WHEN YOU WALKED TO SCHOOL? MANY PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE A COAT OR SWEATER DURING THE WINTER MONTHS. PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING $1 TO THE NEU CHARITY, OPERATION WARM. SEE YOUR ADVISOR FOR A DONATION FORM AND A COAT TO DECORATE. MONEY WILL BE USED TO PURCHASE COATS FOR INDIVIDUALS IN NEED. DUE TO THE CAHSEE TESTING THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL NEXT WEEK. IT’S AMAZING WHAT $1 CAN DO TO HELP A CHILD IN NEED. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SEE MS. BONNETT IN F-8. THANK YOU!
HAVE A GREAT DAY, STAY WARM, BE SAFE, GET INSPIRED, AND OFFER NO EXCUSES!