Olabaju Brooks is an artist full of energy. Ola commits to her talent by adding a personal expression to every project. She takes the objectives and goes beyond the base to add her voice to each work. As proof of her gift, she keeps an on-going sketchbook that displays varying styles from realism to graffiti. These efforts earn Ola the title of Artist of the Month for April.
1. Committed: We believe that students deserve to be educated in a way that prepares them for college if they so choose to attend. We also believe that we the school, have the power to make this opportunity a reality.
2. Courageous: To display courage is to show strength in the face of fear. We do this by ignoring those who try to tell us that our dreams for our students are unrealistic and impossible. We ask for forgiveness instead of permission. We hold one another accountable and we come together as a critical mass to confront the status-quo.
3. Collaborative: Our collaborative spirit is grounded on the idea that we each have unique strengths as well as different weaknesses. We make the time to work with one another in a way that maximizes accountability while minimizing anxiety. This helps us to achieve greater success for our students as a team, while at the same time promoting balance in our lives as individuals.
4. Creative: We are innovative and love to explore new ways to get results for our students. Experimentation is not a suggestion, but rather an expectation of an No Excuses University Pro. When we find success through our creativity, we celebrate as a staff and seek ways to replicate the results elsewhere.
5. Character Centered: Character is doing the right thing when no one is watching… this goes double for adults. We are consistent with our rules and methods for teaching behavior as we take responsibility for all students.
6. College and Career Crazy: College readiness is a tie that binds us as students, parents, and staff. Because of this we reveal the benefits of a college degree to all students in practical and achievable ways that offer hope for a better future. Our network exists to shatter the myths that a student has to be rich or privileged to go to college.
THERE IS NO SCHOOL FRIDAY OR MONDAY! HAVE A GREAT LONG WEEKEND, BE SAFE, GET INSPIRED, AND OFFER NO EXCUSES!!!