Consistent with our mission to provide innovative educational opportunities we are proud to offer myriad programs to our students to empower them to thrive in our ever-changing world.
Please feel free to explore the programs available to those enrolled at the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District via the links to the right, or read about them below. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Educational Services.
FSUSD Instructional Programs
- FSUSD is home to an expanding K - 8 Dual Immersion (Spanish) magnet program. Information about the program can be found at https://www.fsusd.org/domain/2942.
- FSUSD is home to six thematic K-8 schools:
- Dan O. Root Health and Wellness Academy whose mission is to ensure every student has successful experiences by promoting intellectual, emotional and social development. https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/27
- David Weir K-8 Preparatory Academy whose focus is on No Excuses University and a core belief that every student has the right to be educated in a way that prepares them for college. https://www.fsusd.org/Page/63
- Dover Academy for International Studies where students have the opportunity to participate in an integrated curriculum in which information about all nations is woven into the required curriculum. The theme provides students with a unique global learning opportunity that celebrates the diversity of our world. https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/9
- Oakbrook Academy of the Arts whose focus is on providing a creative community where students are valued and challenged to become high achieving and empathetic global citizens. https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/23
- Sheldon Academy of Innovative Learning where students are empowered to take part in social innovation. Students learn how to take charge of their own learning through innovative practices and language development while becoming active learners in their community. https://www.fsusd.org/Page/53
- Suisun Valley K-8 whose vision includes a belief that all students can and will learn at high levels of achievement, through a standards-based program integrating the art and science of agriculture, environmental sciences, and technology. https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/32
- FSUSD is home to two schools of choice - the Public Safety Academy (https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/37) and the Matt Garcia Career and College Academy (https://www.fsusd.org/Domain/33). Both schools have a CTE thematic focus and garner amazing support from the local community.
- FSUSD is home to the Early College High School at Solano Community College (https://www.fsusd.org/domain/2947) where students complete their high school classes and college classes on the Solano College campus. Students who enroll in Early College have full access to all college programs, including French, German, Spanish and Latin language courses and a wide array of STEM courses. We are graduating our first senior class June 2018.
- FSUSD is home to the only International Baccalaureate program in Solano County at Armijo High School (https://www.fsusd.org/Page/12302). A great option for the most academically elite students in the area, the curriculum includes advanced science and mathematics requirements. The International Baccalaureate (IB) program aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- FSUSD offers instruction in three world languages: German, French, and Spanish. Since its inception, FSUSD has awarded the State Seal of Biliteracy to graduating seniors who qualify. In 2017, 130 FSUSD seniors earned the State Seal of Biliteracy.
- FSUSD is focused on providing intensive professional development to implement the key components of the ELA/ELD Framework. This provides ALL students structured opportunities to engage in collaborative discussions about content while building language, a hallmark of culturally responsive and equitable teaching practices!
- FSUSD offers twelve Career Technical Education pathways that include (1) Automotive Diagnostics, Services, & Repair; (2) Child Development; (3) Design, Visual & Media Arts; (4) Engineering Design; (5) Fashion Design & Merchandising; (6) Game Design & Integration; (7) Hospitality Tourism & Recreation; (8) Public Safety; (9) Residential & Commercial Construction; (10) Software & Systems Development; (11) Video Production; and (12) Welding & Materials Joining.
FSUSD Educational Technology and C-STEM Programs
- FSUSD has a focus on developing strong science, technology, and math skills. Coding and robotics have been woven into many of our elementary schools. Three of our middle schools have VEX robotics programs and Armijo High School/Fairfield High School students are involved in VEX robotics and FIRST robotics. Our programs have been very successful as evidenced by Grange Middle School’s VEX teams representing California in the World competition three of the last four years, and Armijo HS and Fairfield HS students represented California at the VEX world competition and at the FIRST world competition.
- FSUSD is incorporating technology and moving to a 1:1 device to student ratio. As of December 2017, the District was at 83% device to student ratio. At the current rate of acquisition, the District will achieve a 1:1 device to student ratio by the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
- FSUSD has had a strong coding focus and has supported a Kinder Coding program for our TK-K students. This has resulted in teachers incorporating coding and robotics into their classroom instruction. Since 2015-16, we have provided full-day professional development to 197 teachers on the Code Studio curriculum offered by Code.org.
- FSUSD has participated in the Hour of Code for the past four years. As a district, we support all of our classroom teachers in their efforts to introduce all students to coding. This participation has sparked many of our sites and classrooms to create enrichment opportunities for students in the areas of coding and robotics. (https://www.fsusd.org/Page/9773)
- Green Valley Middle School is an active participant in the C-STEM Program with UC Davis and uses the C-STEM Studio curriculum in their technology courses.
FSUSD Extended Learning Opportunities
The District provides the following extended learning opportunities:
- Athletic league for all K-8 schools
- Athletic league for all middle schools
- CIF sanctioned sports for high schools
- Middle school and high school music programs
- Middle school and high school robotics programs
- Sheldon Academy for Innovative Learning robotics program
- A variety of student clubs at all grade levels that are focused on student interests and developing student leadership skills. Clubs include digital video clubs, programming clubs, safe school ambassador clubs, sign language clubs, and student council clubs
- District Summer STEM Camp
- Elementary School Science Camps
- Girls on the Run at multiple elementary schools
- Extended School Year program at all Title I Schools that included Science and STEM focus
- American Heart Association’s Kids Cook with Heart at three schools
- Extended Day STEM activities at Nelda Mundy
- Extended School Year Migrant Ed Program included robotics and coding
In addition, FSUSD students benefit from the many community partners who also provide after-school programs. Some of City of Fairfield and Suisun City programs come as a result of the After School Education and Safety (ASES) grant from the California Department of Education. The District is intentional in actively seeking and cultivating community partners who provide services to our students and families.
- Fairfield Police Activities League (PAL) at the FSUSD Sullivan Interagency Youth Services Center
- Salvation Army Kroc Center in Suisun City
- Suisun City’s after-school programs at Crystal Middle School, Dan O. Root Health and Wellness Academy, and Suisun Elementary School. The program at Suisun Elementary School is funded by the ASES Grant.
- City of Fairfield’s after-school programs that include Fun on the Run, Life After School for seven FSUSD elementary schools, and Kids Corner for six FSUSD elementary schools
- Students are provided program until 6:00pm every day!
- The Leaven’s after-school centers are located in seven locations within the Fairfield-Suisun community.