Whenever there are fifty-one (51) or more English Learner students in a district, there shall be a functioning District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district committee in which at least 51% of the members are parents of English learner students (not employed by the district).The DELAC advises the school district Governing Board on all of the following:
- Development of a district master plan for educational programs and services for English Learners that takes into consideration the Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Conducting of a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English Learners
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements
- Review and comment on the school district’s reclassification procedures
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians
The LEA provides training materials and training, planned in full consultation with committee members, appropriate to assist members in carrying out their legal advisory responsibilities.
Location: Anna Kyle Elementary- Library1600 Kidder Ave., Fairfield, CA 94533Time: 6:00 pm -7:30 pmOctober 15, 2019November 12, 2019January 14, 2019February 25, 2020April 7, 2020May 12, 2020June 2, 2020*5:00 pm-6:00pm*