Healthy Schools Begin With You!
Student wellness is at the heart of learning. Students who have a healthy lifestyle can achieve more and be more successful in school.
Our District has developed a Wellness Policy that is focused on improving the health of students. The policy was developed by the Wellness Committee, which includes teachers and administrators of various departments. The Wellness Committee has a goal to expand to both students and parents in the future. Click here to view the Wellness Policy: School Wellness Policy BP5030
Wellness Committee Goals:
1) Increase participation in the school breakfast program by five percentage points.
2) Study the impact, through the Curriculum Council, of offering a formalized health course at each high school.
3) Increase the percentage of students in the “Healthy Fitness Zone” on the Physical Fitness Test for 5th, 7th, and 9th by 5 percentage points.
4) Increase the number of students who show growth in one or more areas on the Physical Fitness Test given tri-annually to 50 percent.
5) Increase the number of students participating in extracurricular physical activity as measured by a question on the School Effectiveness Survey.
Wellness at School:
What's in Your Beverage? - Take the Rethink Your Drink Challenge!