Please follow the instructions below when ordering technology. By following these procedures, the TSS and Purchasing departments will be able to quickly and accurately process your orders.
Please contact the TSS department with any questions regarding technology purchases at (707) 399-1200.
Please contact the Purchasing department with any specific questions relating to the PO process or using ESCAPE.
- Open Standard Requisition.
- Requisitioner - Name of the person completing the requisition and/or person requesting the order.
- Order Site - Site code for ordering site.
- Ship To - Site code for where technology order is to be delivered. All technology orders are delivered to the Information Technology department. We will configure the equipment, deliver, and install.
- Room - Room where technology order is to be delivered.
- Info - Enter a general description for technology purchase (EX: Computers for Student Lab, or Workstation for J. Smith)
- Vendor - Enter vendor code.
- Shipping - Most vendors charge shipping. We are not charged shipping on Dell orders. For Dell orders, "Zero out" shipping charges.
- Budget Code - Use the information at the bottom of the page to enter appropriate budget code. For additional information on budget codes, contact Fiscal Services.
- Add a line item for each type of configuration, component, etc. Each line item should be in the following format:
- Manufacturer and Model/Part Number, Description, Quote #.
(See individual items for specific description)
Note: Vendors that require Quote numbers are Dell, CDWG, Western Blue, Oliver World Class Labs, Tech Depot.
Requirements for any Monitor, Notebook or TV purchase
- Environmental fee - Any notebook computer and/or monitor 15" or smaller requires a $6.00 environmental fee to be added as a separate line item. See computer ordering page.
- Environmental fee - Any notebook computer and/or monitor over 15" requires an $8.00 environmental fee to be added as a separate line item. See computer ordering page.
- Environmental fee - Any monitor or TV over 35" requires a $10.00 environmental fee to be added as a separate line item. See computer ordering page.
Additional requirements for Dell computer purchases
Insert the following message line at the top of the line item screen :
**** In accordance with NASPO/WSCA Master Price Agreement #63307****
The correct budget code for technology purchases is specified by Fiscal Services and can be found in the Standard Account Code Structure (SACS) manual. Below are the frequently used object codes for technology purchases.
Which budget code?
Items under $500
Items over $500