Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District is committed to reducing energy consumption of electricity, natural gas, and water to conserve natural resources and save money to support other identified priorities. The District's success in achieving an effective energy use, conservation and efficiency program requires and depends upon cooperation at all levels. Therefore, the District encourages all employees, students, and volunteers to be an "energy saver" as well as an "energy consumer." We encourage all staff, students and volunteers to recycle and conserve energy at all District facilities.
The following simple, yet effective steps are examples of energy-saving tips:
- Set thermostats at 68-70 degrees when in heating mode
- Set thermostats at 74 degrees when in cooling mode
- Turn off lights when leaving an area
- Turn off monitors when leaving an area
- At the end of the day, turn off computer(s), printer(s), speakers, monitor(s) and other applicable equipment
- Use natural light when possible
- Use one or two lamp switching as opposed to all light being on when possible
- Do not turn anything on unless using it
The District is currently working on projects that will help reduce energy consumption, natural gas and upgrade the schools to energy efficient equipment.