Accelerated Reader (AR) is the most popular and successful reading product of all time. AR’s advanced technology helps you:
- Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
- Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
- Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
- Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
- Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
There are three steps to using Accelerated Reader:
- Students choose and read a fiction or non-fiction book, textbook, or magazine. Always check to make sure that it is an AR book at www.arbookfind.com.
- Students take the Reading Practice quiz. Students must pass with 60% or better; however, the points decrease as their percentage goes down (i.e. a book that is worth 10 points will earn 10 points for 100%, 9 points for 90%, etc).
You can monitor student’s points at RenLearn Home Connect by using their student id with an "s" in front of the number and their birthday (mmddyyyy). Make sure you sign in as a student! See the example below:
Go to RenLearn Home Connect
Click on "Student"