CAPITAL OUTLAY REQUESTBEFORE YOU GET STARTEDPrior to submitting a ticket for any capital outlay request, please review the request with the Director of your Department. Their approval is required to start the process! Thank you!GETTING STARTEDPlease click on the following link to begin the online Capital Outlay Request process: https://fsusd.gofmx.com. You will then be directed to a log-in prompt.Select "Staff Log-In" and then click on your staff email to log-in.Select "Capital Outlay Requests" in the left-hand navigation pane and then select "New Request" in the upper-right hand corner to bring up the online Capital Outlay Request form.COMPLETING THE FORM
PROCEDURES FOR PROJECTS TO BE DONE BY VOLUNTEERS
Detailed description of the site/building modifications, including materials to be installed, must be uploaded with the Capital Outlay request submitted in the FMX online system.
Volunteer work to be performed by students, parents, groups, or non-support employees shall have the site administrator upload all paperwork for review and approval:
- When applicable, the authorized union officer/representative who is responsible for the type of work being performed shall review and approve
- Maintenance & Operations and/or Facilities shall oversee all projects
- The project may require the Division of the State Architect (DSA) approval according to Title 24 Building requirements. If DSA approval is required, additional documentation will be necessary. The volunteer organization will be responsible for all costs and approvals associated with this requirement.
Note: All projects requiring changes in building, structure and/or site and configuration of rooms must be cleared in writing with the site administrator’s district-level supervisor, the Director of Facilities & Construction, and the Director of Maintenance & Operations regardless of who will be performing the work.PROCEDURES FOR WORK TO BE DONE BY OUTSIDE CONTRACTOR
Site Maintenance Requests may be deemed as Capital Outlay projects and require an outside quote by a contractor. If the site administrator requests work be completed, the following steps shall be taken:
PROCEDURES FOR WORK TO BE DONE BY MAINTENANCE
- Site Administrator requests quote for specified work and provides a detailed description of the work, including materials to be installed, on the FMX Maintenance Request system
- Maintenance/Facilities secures quote from the appropriate contractor to meet PCC requirements and other local, State and Federal laws
- Maintenance/Facilities forwards memo to site with copy of quote
- Site enters requisition into Escape for requested work and forwards copy of quote to Purchasing
- Maintenance/Facilities oversees project to completion
- Maintenance/Facilities signs off on invoice for payment once project is complete to everyone’s satisfaction
Site work requests may be deemed as Capital Outlay projects, which may be completed by the Maintenance Department. If the Site Administrator requests work to be completed, the following steps shall be taken:
If you have any questions about the Capital Outlay Request process, please contact Facilities & Operations at 707-399-5148 for assistance. If you are experiencing difficulty with your FMX log-in, please call the Help Desk at 707-399-5100.
- Site Administrator requests quote for specified work on the FMX Maintenance Request system and inquires directly with the Maintenance or Facilities Department if a Request for Capital Approval Form needs to be included with the request
- Maintenance secures quote for materials
- Maintenance forwards memo to site with cost estimate and vendor
- Site enters requisition into Escape for requested materials
- Maintenance picks up materials, completes job, and forwards receipts to Warehouse for posting to Escape