Meet your Assistant Principal
Shannon Harris has been a dedicated employee of the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) for more than ten years. Ms. Harris' tenure with FSUSD includes his current position as an Assistant Principal at Rodriguez High School, as well as previously teaching students with special education needs at Matt Garcia CCC and Crystal Middle Schoo and previously teaching mathematics at Matt Garcia CCC, Crystal Middle School, and Fairfield High School. I have also grown up in this community and currently live in this community. I am #MadeInFSUSD and proud of it. I hope to make an impact by supporting staff and students to meet graduation requirements and be prepared to enter college or their career field.
The following are a few of Ms. Harris' accomplishments while employed with FSUSD:
- Served as the Assistant Principal at Fairfield High School for 3 years.
- Served as Teacher in Charge at all three sites: Matt Garcia CCC, Crystal Middle School and Fairfield High School prior to becoming an Assistant Principal.
- Developed a Safe School Ambassadors program at Fairfield High School that was honored as a model school in California and featured on PBS for a segment on the program. The Safe School Ambassador Program grew from 40 students and 8 staff involved to over 100 students and almost 20 staff involved in supporting a safe and positive school culture on campus.
- Provides instructional Coaching to site educators as well as district-wide professional development for district department chairs and secondary level administration in FSUSD.
- Lead administrator for the Middle School and High School mathematics department chairs team.
- Served as department chair in mathematics at both Crystal Middle School and Fairfield High School.
- Served on Innovation Team and No Excuses University teams at previous sites.
- Collaborate with other administrators across this district and network with administrators in neighboring districts.
- Prior to teaching, Ms. Harris also served as a Para Educator and Sign Language Interpreter in FSUSD.
As an administrator, Ms. Harris focuses on building a safe and positive school culture for students so they have every opportunity to reach their academic and personal potential. Ms. Harris has served as Assistant Principal at Fairfield High School for three years prior to joining the Rodriguez High School Staff this year. Ms. Harris looks forward to supporting students to become college and/or career ready prior to leaving Rodriguez High School.
Ms. Harris has earned a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Studies, Master's of Teaching with emphasis in Educational Technology, as well teaching credentials in Mathematics, Multiple Subject and a prior intern credential in Special Education completing all credential coursework through Brandman University. Ms.Harris earned her Administrative Credential along with her Master's from National University.