Anna Kyle Elementary School
Front Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Phone: 707-421-4105Please remember to call the front office
each day your student is absent from school!ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES
Because we value every minute available to students for learning, Anna Kyle Elementary School believes it is very important that students arrive to school on time, and attend school every day Here a few things to remember if you are thinking about not sending your child to school:
The law states that there are only three (3) valid/excusable reasons to miss school:
- Student is sick. (Excessive illness will require a note from the doctor)
- Medical/Dental appointment. (Try to make appointments before or after school, so your child may attend school part of the day)
- Attending the funeral of an immediate family member.
ALL OTHER REASONS are unexcused/truant including:
- Illness of someone other than the student (brother, sister, mom, dad)
- Family emergency
- Family vacation / trips out of the country
- Visiting with family
- Lack of transportation
Please call the school as soon as you know your child will be absent for any reason. If you don't the absence will be unexcused. You may report the absence by calling the school office at 421-4105, or by sending a note when your student returns to school.
The legal responsibility falls upon the parent to make sure your child attends school every day and arrives on time. Don't let your student become truant.
IT IS THE LAW!