•  Independent Study, Attendance and Truancy
    Attendance in school is vital to a child's success in learning. If your child is absent, please call the front office at 707-863-7930.

Truancy Letters

  • Truancy letters are generated any time a student accrues any combination of 3 truant tardies, unexcused absences, or any time a student is signed out more than 30 minutes early for unexcused reasons.
    Excused absences include a doctor appointment, funeral for immediate family, court date, illness or religious holiday. If a student is ill for 3 or more consecutive days a doctor's note must be provided.  Absences should be excused by the parent/guardian within 3 days of the absence. Any unreported absences become unexcused. A truant tardy is any time a student reports to school more than 30 minutes late without a valid excuse. Excused reasons for being tardy or signing out a student more than 30 minutes before school ends are the same as excused absences. Excused reasons only apply to the student reported, they do not extend to the parent.

Chronic Absence Letters

  • Parents with a student who has missed 10% or more of the school days in the school year will be receiving a chronic absence letter. This is regardless if the absences are excused or unexcused. This letter does not count towards truancy and does not include days covered by independent study contracts.
    For more information on excused absences absences or tardies, and chronic absence letters please refer to Ed Code 48205 and 60901, or click on this link  https://www.fsusd.org/Page/1481  on the District's Student Services page.

Independent Study

  • If you find that you must take your child out of school and will be gone for 5 or more days, you may complete an Independent Study Contract.
    Procedures for Independent Study Contracts
    • Two weeks prior to your leave, parents must fill out a form from the office, requesting short term independent study. Indicating the dates the student or students will not be in school and the reason. If you child is on an IEP, please let us know.
    • Parents complete the agreement form in the front office with required signatures.
    • The teacher will give the student work to be completed during the time they will be gone.
    • In order to receive full credit all assignments are due upon the student's return to school. Partial credit will be given for incomplete work.