I'm even more excited as I start my first year as Assistant Principal of Armijo High School and my 3rd year with FSUSD as an Administrator!
I have been in education for over 25 years serving in a variety of roles from advisory/enrollment director to social science teacher, coach, pathway academy lead, and most recently as Assistant Principal of Fairfield High School in the FSUSD.
I have lived in the Fairfield/Suisun area for the last 14 years and as a resident, it has been a long standing goal of mine to work for the district in which I live. I have embraced the culture of this District and I will continue to grow and lead as a member. Along with my new colleagues I will continue to make Armijo High School a premier school. Some of my goals as specified by our LCAP are:
- Create safe, inclusive, and welcoming learning environments where students attend and are connected to their schools.
- Engage parents and community partners through education, communication, and collaboration to promote student success.
- Reduce suspension rates for all students, particularly our critical subgroups.
- Refine and expand targeted interventions and supports for students’ academic, health and social emotional development.
- Execute high quality instructional programs and provide educational options to ensure every student graduates and is college and career ready.
As a father of 4 FSUSD students I understand the challenges of working with our schools, and as a team, with all of our stakeholders involved I STRONGLY believe that we can be the best
Working directly with staff and students to ensure their success is paramount and I am always available to discuss ways to improve our ability to do this. I am also committed to working as a team to make this happen and I welcome the opportunity to get to know all of you in the process. Feel free to follow me on twitter @ILifelearner - I'm always growing and learning, educating and leading is my passion!Respectfully,
Jose F. Irizarry III, MPA
follow me @Ilifelearner