Be sure to follow us on Twitter and leave us a review on Google+!
Armijo High School - 127 Years of Pride
In 1891 Armijo began as a small one-room school house with 30 students, and grew over the past 100 years to it's present size of 2,600 students. It has served its alumni through world wars, depression, and many good years, encouraging its students to take what they had learned and give to the community and the country.
The school started with a single classroom over Crystal Elementary School, with a mere thirty students. After that, it was moved to a simple wooden frame building where it remained for about fifteen years. During that time the student population ranged from about twenty to forty students, very small in comparison to today's size. The school was then moved to the large white, stone building that is now used as courthouse. There it stayed for about fifty years, and this is where it grew the most. Within the last thirty years we moved to the buildings that Armijo is presently situated in at 824 Washington Street.
Though the buildings that housed Armijo have changed, the name and the purpose of Armijo has always remained. Since 1891, many people have passed through it's halls; people that went on to be famous, and people that are memorable in their own right. In the beginning, alumni were kept track of after they graduated. There were always pages in the first yearbooks stating what it's alumnis were doing at that present day. Armijo has survived a lot of damage; earthquakes, fires, and just trying to cope with time. Although Armijo was scathed a little, it always came through with just a touch more character than it had before. Armijo High School students have always been individuals, just as they are today. Armijo has prospered over the ages, though it is the same today as it was one hundred years ago...a place for learning.