Deliveries to Armijo
The AHS office staff and campus supervisors can not hold, deliver or accept gifts, flowers, lunches, etc. to students during school hours.
Attendance and Truancy
I cannot overstate the importance of your students attendance in school. The expectation of the FSUSD is that all students will attend school every day. If for some reason your child must miss school, please contact the attendance office.
Should your student need to miss school for more than 5 days we request that you inquire about short term independent study. We can then be sure that your student receives their academics prior to being out and the attendance can be accounted for.
If students miss more than 3 days or 18 single periods unexcused, the truancy process will begin. Be sure to clear all absences.
-Sheila Smith, Principal
SART (Student Attendace Review Team) Meetings will be offered in the
AHS Library @ 5:00 p.m. on the following dates:
10/3, 10/17, 10/30, 11/14, 12/19, 1/23, 2/6, 2/20, 3/6, 3/20, 4/24, 5/22
TRUANCY LETTERSTruancy letters are generated any time a student accrues any combination of 3 truant tardies, unexcused absences, or any time a student is signed out more than 30 minutes early for unexcused reasons.Excused absences include a doctor appointment, funeral for immediate family, court date, illness or religious holiday. If a student is ill for 3 or more consecutive days a doctor's note must be provided. Absences should be excused by the parent/guardian within 3 days of the absence. Any unreported absences become unexcused.A truant tardy is any time a student reports to school more than 30 minutes late without a valid excuse. Excused reasons for being tardy or signing out a student more than 30 minutes before school ends are the same as excused absences. Excused reasons only apply to the student reported, they do not extend to the parent.
CHRONIC ABSENCE LETTERSParents with a student who has missed 10% or more of the school days in the school year will be receiving a chronic absence letter. This is regardless if the absences are excused or unexcused. This letter does not count towards truancy and does not include days covered by independent study contracts.For more information on excused absences absences or tardies, and chronic absence letters please refer to Ed Code 48205 and 60901, or click on this link https://www.fsusd.org/Page/1481 on the District's Student Services page.
INDEPENDENT STUDYIf you find that you must take your child out of school for 5 or more days, you may complete an Independent Study Contract.Procedures for Independent Study Contracts
- Two weeks prior to your leave, the student must pick up a Short Term Independent Study request form after school on Monday, Thursday, or Friday, from Ms. Radmanesh in A-9.
- Parent must fill out the form indicating the dates and the reasons the student(s) will be absent from school. If your child has an IEP or 504 Plan, please let us know.
- Parents complete the agreement form and the student returns the completed form after school on Monday, Thursday, or Friday, to Ms. Radmanesh in A-9.
- The teachers will provide work to be completed during the time of the absence.
- In order to receive full credit, all assignments are due immediately upon the student's return to school. Partial credit will be given for incomplete work.