Meet your ECHS Principal
Mr. John Pizzo has been a dedicated employee of the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District for fifteen years. Mr. Pizzo's tenure with FSUSD includes his current position as an Assistant Principal at Rodriguez High School, as well as teaching special education at Fairfield High School. John has also served our District in a multitude of co- and extracurricular roles that touch many sides of the FSUSD community.
A few of Mr. Pizzo's accomplishments while employed with FSUSD:
- Served as Assistant Principal at RHS with the primary responsibility of overseeing the Early College program during 2016-2017
- Served as lead administrator for the English, World Language, Visual/Performing Arts, Special Education, and Physical Education Departments on the RHS campus
- Served as the RHS Athletic Director
- Collaborated with the Solano County Mental Health, Department of Rehabilitation, North Bay Regional Center, and the Solano County Office of Education to facilitate continuous support for students with special needs
- Collaborated with Student Services to support student discipline, and expand on restorative practices at RHS
- Provided staff development to the faculty of RHS to meet students' needs in the areas of accommodations/modifications and behavior plans
- Facilitate 504 and SST meetings at RHS
- Initiated and supported the Co-Teaching Model for Special Education and General Education teachers to collaborate on behalf of students
Prior to joining the RHS Administrative Team, Mr. Pizzo taught Special Education at Fairfield High School. In this capacity, he also served as Department Chair for the Special Education Department. Mr. Pizzo's career in education has not only been limited to the high school classroom. He has served as Mentor Teacher for new teachers through the Solano County Office of Education, as a Site Support Provider for new teachers associated with National University, worked closely with the RHS parent organization and athletic boosters to increase parent engagement on campus, and had served as the Fairfield High School varsity soccer coach for seven years.
As an administrator, Me. Pizzo focuses on building positive community environments for students so they have every opportunity to reach their academic and personal potential. As part of the Administrative Team at RHS he took on the challenge to lead the staff to articulate, learn, and implement effective instructional practices that improved the school's API. RHS displayed an increase from 765 to 801 over a two year period of time. Mr. Pizzo acknowledges that reaching this goal was a proud moment for him and the entire RHS community.
Mr. Pizzo obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and Special Education Teaching Credential from California State University, Chico. He then continued his education by earning a Master's Degree in Special Education and his Administrative Credential through Brandman University.
We believe Mr. John Pizzo will be exceptional in this new role as the Principal of Early College, and we congratulate him on this promotion.