Ms. Sheila Smith has been a dedicated employee of the Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District (FSUSD) for four years. Ms. Smith has served as Assistant Principal at Armijo High School since the beginning of the 2013- 2014 school year. She has served the District providing direct support to the Armijo High School Educational Community, and has fostered many positive relationships with staff, parents, and students.
A few of Ms. Smith's accomplishments while employed with FSUSD are listed below:
- Planned and facilitated site professional development
- Lead and implemented Math Summer Camp for incoming 9th grade students in need of math intervention
- In collaboration with Student Services, lead and managed the AHS truancy program and SARB meetings, as well as independent study arrangements for AHS students
- Coordinated AHS WASC self-study, which included writing the required mid-term progress report
- Coordinated site ELAC committee
- Administrator in charge of the site PBIS team and implementation
- In collaboration with Special Education, coordinated site 504 plans and IEP meetings for the students
- Focused on student discipline with emphasis on using the restorative practice model
Prior to joining the FSUSD Administrative Team, Ms. Smith served in an administrative capacity with Davis Joint Unified School District, serving as an Assistant Principal at Davis Sr. High School. She held this position for nine years. Sheila's teaching experience spans over a period of twenty years. Her twenty years of teaching experience were teaching English at the secondary level with the Davis Joint Unified School District, the Vallejo Unified School District and the Travis School District.
As a site administrator, Ms. Smith focuses on building positive community environments where children have every opportunity to reach their academic and personal potential. These skills and attributes will support her greatly in this new position. She has accomplished much at Armijo High School in her role as Assistant Principal, and is now ready to take on the challenge of serving the community of Armijo as the Principal.
S. Smith obtained her Bachelor's Degree, Single Subject Teaching Credential and a Master's Degree in English from Truman State University in the state of Missouri. She later returned to college to further her education and expand her career opportunities. Ms. Smith attended the University of California, Berkeley, earning her second Master's Degree in the area of Educational Administration, while obtaining her Administrative Services Credential. While at UC Berkeley, Ms. Smith also was selected as the recipient of the Behring Scholar Principal Leadership Institute award.
Ms. Sheila Smith is the right person, at the right time, to be named as the next individual to serve as the Principal of Armijo High School. We wish her much success in this new role.
Connect with Ms. Smith