Students may have the opportunity to take elective classes while here at Grange. Read below for more information regarding electives
Grange Music Program
Mr. Wally Hunt - Music Program Director
This is our introductory band course, open to all students.
This course is open to students who have taken beginning band or have a musical background.
This course is open to our students to take as an additional class before school, during "0" period.
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
Mrs. Emily Latrous
Why take AVID?
- AVID prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places students in rigorous courses and provides them support to succeed.
- AVID is for all students, but targets those in the academic middle.
- AVID teaches:
- Study skills
- Note taking
- Test taking strategies
- Career awareness
- Critical thinking
- Reading and writing
Who May Participate?
- Students who have the desire to attend a four year college.
- Students who have appropriate classroom behavior and good attendance.
- Students who have between a 2.0 and a 3.5 GPA .
- Students who have good work habits and will commit themselves to doing homework each night.
- Tutorials with Trained Tutors
- Cornell Note Taking
- Field Trips to Local Universities
- Guest Speakers
- Leadership Training